The volcanic Owakudani and the peaceful Lake Ashi are pretty in their own ways. From here, on a cloudles day, you could also see the whole Fuji Mountain. Taking the Hakone Ropeway across the mountains, we arrived... (continue reading)
大湧谷是個很壯觀的地方, 和北投的地熱谷的是完全不同的調調. 在空中纜車翻過了一個山頭, 我們一下就進入了煙霧瀰漫的國度, 充滿硫磺味的空氣在一步一步的走上瞭望台變得更加強烈, 也許只要一點....
.... at our first stop: Owakudani.
From Hyatt Regency, the walk to the nearest cable car station is about 5minutes. & that station was 1 station away from the Sounzan Station (starting point of Hakone Ropeway).
They call this Ropeway a ride that\'s like "taking a walk in the sky", which is kinda true.
The Ropeway takes people across mountains to Lake Ashi. After crossing over the first mountain, you\'d see an incredible overview of the Owakudani crater. The whole place is just like a big mine with lots pipes and sulphur and smoke coming out.
Other than the volcanic landscape, another famous thing in Owakudani is the black eggs. They are basically just eggs boiled with hotspring water. But it was said that it could prolong life...
It was pretty much holiday season in Japan as well.
The water you see here all look a bit milky.
Heated ground with sulphur.
Immersed in smoke. The sulphur smell there was really strong. Even people with a healthy heart might still feel a bit uncomfortable.
The last stop of the Hakone Ropeway took us to Togendai Station by Lake Ashi where we could take the pirate-ship-like sightseeing cruise down the lake and back. The cruise fee is included in the Hakone Free Pass so might as well take it.
Actually there\'s not much to see on the sightseeing cruise and it was actually a bit boring. But we got to see what the lake was like. It takes about 1 hour to get to the southern tip and come back.
It was actually kinda snowing when the cruise was going down south. But was glad that didn\'t last!
Passing by the Hakone Shrine.
From the Ropeway and the Owakudani area, on a cloudless day, you could see the whole Fuji Mountain. But too bad Fujiyama-san decided to be shy today.
The weather was a bit strange and moody so we headed back to get our stuff from the hotel to move to our next hotel.
More Photos on MY FLICKR:
1. [ Tokyo ] Count Down to 2011 // [ 東京 ] 倒數 2011
2. [ Tokyo ] Midtown Christmas and Roppongi // [ 東京 ] 六本木的聖誕銀河
3. [ Hakone ] Hyatt Regency at Kami Gora // [ 箱根 ] 上強羅的 Hyatt Regency Hotel
4. [ Hakone ] Dining at Gora Kadan // [ 箱根 ] 強羅花壇的懷石料理
5. [ Hakone ] The Fire and Ice of the Landscape // [ 箱根 ] 湧谷與海賊蘆之湖
6. [ Hakone ] A 300 Year Onsen Ryokan // [ 箱根 ] 三百年的溫泉旅館
7. [ Tokyo ] Dining in Hongo // [ 東京 ] HONGO 吃天婦羅去
8. [ Tokyo ] Asakusa on the Last of 2010 // [ 東京 ] 新年的淺草寺
Past Related Posts:
1. [ Beitou ] The Glamourous Turquoise Hotspring // [ 北投 ]地熱谷的璀璨綠
2. Japan Posts // 日本旅遊相關 Posts